Thursday, February 28, 2013

I love pasta

I can't begin to tell you the love affair I have with pasta.

I don't know how people don't eat carbs.  I would die.  I love carbs.  Especially in the form of pasta.  If I could prepare my meals for the rest of my life, I would probably eat pasta for every single meal.  It's an obsession (sickness).

Recipe #3:

The photo is of italian sausage, kale and gnocchi.  This was so good.

Click here for the official recipe and the awesome photos.

The recipe is off of Bevcooks.com.  I LOVE HER.  Her blog is just funny and her food is amazing.  I've tried a couple of recipes off her site and they've become regular additions to my weekly menus.  So, THANKS!  Not like she'll ever read this.

So this recipe is really simple and it comes together quickly.

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch kale (recipe calls for about 10 C), chopped
  • 2 sausage links, out of its casing
  • salt and pepper
  • pinch of red pepper
  • 1/4C chicken broth
  • 1/4 parmesan cheese
  • 1/3C pasta water
-Prep all the ingredients.  I strongly recommend this because the cooking time is pretty quick for all the elements.
-Boil water.
-Saute onions.  Add sausage.  Brown the sausage.  Add garlic.  Combine everything and let it all cook. 
-Salt the water once it's boiling, and cook gnocchi until al dente.  About 3-4 minutes
-Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sausage.  Then add the kale and the chicken broth.  Stir kale in unti it's wilted. 
-Drain your pasta, reserve pasta water.
-Add the pasta to the sausage mixture and pour in some pasta water to make a thin light sauce.  Stir.
-Take the pasta off the heat and add the parmesan.  Stir until combined.  Serve immediately. Top with more cheese!

Seriously, look at Bev's site because her photos are better.  I highly recommend this dish.  Not terribly unhealthy and it's just an easy meal.




1 comment:

  1. I love pasta (and fresh breads) too. That looks and sounds DELISH! I did go to Bev's sit and you're right funny and good food. What a great combination! Thanks for sharing! You are my motivation for continuing on with my blog. I need to learn to write better though.

    ReplyDelete