Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Homemade Chicken Alfredo

I love pasta.  I feel like I should have been born Italian.  I love most Italian food.  I LOVE CHEESE (I like to ignore the fact that I am lactose intolerant).  I lost my train of thought.  My mouth is watering.

Now, this recipe isn't healthy.  But at least I didn't use a canned sauce.  And it's pretty effing delicious.




Like I've said, I love love love Ree Drummond.  She is an amazing cook.  Gosh, I love all of her recipes.

Click here for Ree's recipe and the amazing photos.

Now, this recipe requires some work, but IT IS WORTH IT.  It comes together pretty quickly and it's just so amazing.  Plus, you can add your own things to make the recipe more personal.  To suit your tastebuds.  I think Ree and I are tastebud twins.  Seriously.

Let me warn you: I suck at remembering to take pictures, taking pictures, taking smart pictures for the sake of the recipe, and explaining the recipe.

Cut me some slack, I just wrote two other blogs and I've been up since 5:30.  MOM LIFE.

I didn't have any chicken ready to go, so I just made some:

ALWAYS SEASON YOUR PROTEIN.  I know some people who don't and I just silently judge them.


What I used for the sauce:

Honestly, I don't remember the precise directions, so please go to Ree's page (I linked above) to read everything. 

Here's the finished result: 

Hello Beautiful.

The Big C and I devoured our servings.  We basically inhaled this.  It's delicious and the sauce, although not healthy, isn't thick and gross like the canned stuff.  The flavor is so good too.  I added a lot more garlic because well Big C likes when my breath smells like garlic.  I kid.  Garlic is just too good.

Sorry for the half assed recipe review.  I'm tired, but I also just wanted to talk about this pasta.  Delicious and comforting.  Great on a cold winter day when you're craving pasta.  Just make sure you have fresh parsley! It's just such a great addition.  With the sauce being a bit heavier since it's CREAMY, parsley just freshens it all up.

Now go try it and give me your reviews.

And season your chicken because the chicken makes this dish what it is.

Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment