Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Personal Goals

My oh my has it been a while!

I apologize for the lack of dedication I have had towards this new blog recently.  I have been meaning to come and write, but I've been so busy! I've actually had plans during the weekends recently, and it's been nice.  Really nice.  However, I haven't had my own time in a while so I just feel like I've been in go mode for the past couple weeks.

It's crazy how much I took for granted before being a mom.  I love being a mom and I think it's what I was always meant to do (yes, I know, it's pretty nuts!).  However, I would be lying if I said that I don't miss life before little C sometimes.  Only sometimes.  It's very rarely.  I guess what I do end up missing pretty often is my own time.  The whole do anything I want at my own leisure.  Going out and being able to take my time going grocery shopping, not scheduling it around little C's naps.




There I go, off on a tangent yet again.

The past couple of weeks, I've had a lot of thoughts, but little to no time to write them down.  I guess that's what this post is about.  Let's be honest, I rarely stick to new year's resolutions (I definitely sat here and wanted to type in reservations for a few minutes).  Now that's it's February (WHAT?), I have finally decided on some goals I would like to work on throughout the year and I figure here is a good place to jot them down.  My memory is crap these days.


  • Be more crafty.  I feel like I lack creativity, but I secretly love crafty things.  However, I'm really critical of myself so I often don't even bother starting a new project.  This year I want to do more crafts and be OK with the outcome.
  • Finish projects.  Going along with the first goal, I need to practice finishing projects.  I am SO BAD AT FINISHING THINGS.  I am literally staring at this ball of yarn and a half assed scarf that I started and haven't bothered to finish.  I will finish you..I promise.
  • Improve my crocheting.  I've told people I know how to crochet.  Recently I discovered I thought I knew how to crochet.  So I've befriended a youtube channel done by Bobbie and have been practicing my crocheting.  I haven't had the time to continue with my practicing, but I will.  Maybe even tonight!
  • Be a better partner.  Big C and I are definitely meant to be together.   We mesh really well, and I can't imagine someone better than he is.  However, I am not as good of a partner as I could be to him and I really want to work on that.  Plus, we both want to encourage and practice healthy communication so that it's well established for little C and the future little C's.
  • Try 100 new recipes.  I love to cook.  It's another way to be creative.  I try to introduce a new recipe a week, but I've been slacking lately.  100 recipes seems like a lot, but hey I have 45ish weeks to do this.  Oh Pinterest, don't fail me now.
  • Become healthier emotionally.  This doesn't need any further explanation.
  • Become healthier physically.  I can't say that I will lose a specific amount of weight this year.  I never stick to it.  So my main goal is just to exercise more.  Be healthier than I was.  And hopefully stick to it.  Even though cake is so good.  
  • Be a better mom.
  • Be better to my friends.  Did you know that I have the greatest friends ever?  Well I do. And they deserve better from me.
  • Take advantage of where I live.  I love where I live and all the amenities.  Can't wait to take advantage as little C grows and as the weather improves.
That's it thus far.  I think in a few months, I'll come back and provide myself an update.

Thanks for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment