Friday, February 22, 2013

New Recipe #2: Pesto Chicken Sandwich

Hello!

I hope you're doing well.

Keeping up with blogging is quite more of a dedication than I was anticipating.

I've just been super busy and enjoying my life a little more than normal.  I'm also fulfilling my creative urges by working on my crocheting projects.  It's been fun and different.  Although my nails aren't too happy with me for ignoring them.


So I finally uploaded some photos of food that I actually took while cooking.

I loved eating at Corner Bakery when I was a teenager.  I loved getting this pesto chicken sandwich.  I decided to try coming up with my own recipe.  I'll write my review after the photos and directions.

Pesto:

  • 1C basil
  • 1/4C almonds (I hate pine nuts)
  • 1/3C (or more if you prefer) grated parmesan
  • 1/2C to 1C olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic (you can do less if you don't like garlic)
  • Salt and pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except the olive oil.  Pulse until you have a "paste".  Then, drizzle in the olive oil as you keep the processor going.


This is the only picture I took of it.  Sorry.  

You can also use prepackaged pesto, but I personally don't like the sour taste of it.

The pesto "sauce":

  • 1/2C pesto
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • up to 1/2C greek yogurt

Remember when I said I'm bad at taking relevant/good pictures?

Mix ingredients together until well incorporated.  Put in the fridge to let the flavors blend.

Chicken:

I used two chicken breasts.  I seasoned them with garlic salt and pepper.  Pan fried them and let them rest.  Then sliced them up.

I'm literally laughing at how awful this photo is. LOL.

I just mixed up all the ingredients and layered the mixture onto some bread.  Topped it with lettuce and tomato.


And then I ate.

This recipe made 4 large sandwiches.

Review: Overall they were pretty tasty.  The cream cheese made it too heavy for me.  I love cream cheese, but it made the sandwich too rich.  I think I may do just greek yogurt next time or I may use marscapone.  Also, I would brighten it up with some lemon zest and juice.

It's a pretty quick and easy recipe.  I guess I can't complain for making this recipe up on my own.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time.






4 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks awesome! When are you going to post pics of your crochet projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And probably never. I took apart the one I sent you a picture of. It's too thin. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Anything with Pesto is amazing.

    ReplyDelete