Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quick swatch: China Glaze Water You Waiting For

Hello. I hope everyone's weekend is going well!

I just wanted to post a quick overview about a new polish I tried today.

It's called Water You Waiting For. It's from the Cirque du Soleil collection by China Glaze. It's composed of a blue-green micro glitter and a dark blue almost purple glitter as well. I was attracted to it immediately in the store. It sparkles and definitely reminds me of the ocean. I am trying to be more expansive and forcing myself to like deep blue colors and this color is gorgeous. The pictures don't do the polish justice.








All the pictures were taken on my phone in artificial light.  I wish I could capture this in the sunlight.  It's so pretty. 

The application on this was okay.  It gets a little clumpy.  I only applied two coats.  It may have looked better with three, but I think the opacity was good.  The dry time is surprisingly fast for this polish.  I was expecting it to take a while since I applied the second coat pretty thickly.  This, as many glitter polishes are, is a definite top coat eater.  I applied two coats of Seche Vite and it's still not incredibly smooth to the touch.  And I have a very good feeling that this will be quite difficult to get off.  I guess I'll have to do the foil method again.

Overall, I really love this color.  Most of the colors from the Cirque du Soleil collection are very interesting.  I only own three other ones from the collection, but they're all interesting and vibrant.  Maybe I'll review those in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. You should do a post about the foil method when you go to take this off. I've never tried it and would like to read your input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will!! I'll be taking pictures of that process tomorrow and posting ASAP. By the way, I started my rambling about my final weeks of pregnancy. Hope you find it somewhat entertaining despite it being very redundant for you.

      Delete
  2. I found it to be clumpy as well. And made clean up a little challenging. But otherwise it looks good. I like the different colors of micro glitter. Not bad but definitely not the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Do you do the foil method when you remove glitters? I just posted a blog about it. Have you tried any of the other colors from the Cirque du Soleil collection? I have a couple of others and I really wanted to be amazed by them, but it was a little underwhelming.

      Delete