Friday, January 11, 2013

My nail polish obsession

Besides my love for food, cooking, feeding others, I LOVE NAIL POLISH.

My collection is slowly but surely growing even though I shouldn't keep adding more to my loot.  Most of it is unused, but I think I'm going to make a goal to try as many of my "untried" ones as I can this year.

I think I may have close to 300 polishes, but I doubt that the amount I have tried on is anywhere near the triple digit mark.

Here are a couple of manicures and reviews...


This is "To Buy or Not to Buy" from Essie.  I LOVE ESSIE.  If you look closely, you can see the subtle shimmer of this gorgeous lilac.  The shimmer is why I bought the polish.  It's extremely subtle once on the nails.  I can't really tell, which is slightly disappointing.  Wear time was excellent and application was splendid.  Like always.  Purchased at Target.




Do you like The Hunger Games? So good, right? This was my manicure for the release of the movie. The black is Smoke and Ashes. It's gorgeous in real life.  The accent nail is Riveting and on top of that is Electrify.  Each color represents one of the districts.  These colors don't exactly go together, but in the Hunger Games world, it works.  They applied beautifully.  Oh, and the brand is China Glaze.  China Glaze is one of my favorite brands.  They retail for $7ish at Ulta.  But if you have a Sally's store near you, GO THERE.  So much cheaper.


Here's a recent manicure.  The red is She's Pampered by Essie. It's a typical red, but a must have if you don't carry something like this already.  It's part of Essie's 2012 Winter Collection.  It's very pretty.  I love it.  I know glitter is all the rage, but I have always been partial to the cremes.  

The stars you see come from Wet n' Wild.  I don't know the name of the polish, but here's what the bottle looks like:
(I'm wearing Beyond Cozy by Essie in this picture.  LOVE THAT ONE TOO)

Back to my star manicure.  I layered the WnW over the red.  Then finished it with a coat of Fairy Dust by China Glaze.  Overall, the manicure was annoying.  The stars were atrocious.  Such a nightmare to put on! I had to place them on each nail individually.  The consistency of the polish is gloopy.  I hate it. It's a nice bottle to just look at, but to actually use is torture.  The manicure took way too long for me.  I have a lot of untried WnW polishes...I'll review them later.  I've never tried them, so I am going to give them a try even though these pretty stars looked ugly by the time I was done with the mani.


If you're new to nail polish, or want to venture out and try some new brands, you can't go wrong with Essie. Or China Glaze.  I'll write a post in the future about the products I use on my nails (top coat, base coat, cuticle cream, etc).

I hope you all have a great weekend!! 

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment